The family..

My photo
SouthEast, PA, United States
This Blog is all about me and my life as a mom of a beautiful 9 year old and my dear husband who entertains me as much as my girl does.

Monday, February 7, 2011

The training begins

The training season has officially kicked off in my household. My DH and I have entered the Warrior Dash in June and he has never run before so he has just started the couch to 5K program. I have also signed my daughter up for a 5K in early April so we are all running together now. This entails going to the local Y and running on the indoor track until the weather begins to cooperate again but it is a start.

I have also started running using a mix of Hal Higdon's training plan for a Half marathon and Runner's world training program. I like Runner's world since it gives me pace times to hit but I don't feel like it includes any realistic ramping or training progression so I want to combine Hal's with it. I used Hal's program last time and it worked great for me. This week was a running overload. I ended up running 5 days in a row which is a big NO in my book. Luckily several of those runs were easy track runs with the family. I did get outside yesterday (and yes I went to a Super Bowl party and went for a run from their house just so I could squeeze my run in). It was great to get outside. I can't wait for spring!!

So I am taking today off to recover and will just do some ab and upper body work at home tonight so my legs can rest. Tomorrow is an easy run day and then Thursday is more speed work. This week I am focusing on my diet so I can get lighter and faster.

Historic Half is in 96 days :-)

Here's to happy training!

No comments: