The family..

My photo
SouthEast, PA, United States
This Blog is all about me and my life as a mom of a beautiful 9 year old and my dear husband who entertains me as much as my girl does.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The 6 year old check up

Tonight was our 6 year old check up night. I look forward to this night just to see how much she has grown the past year. We are lucky to have such a healthy girl. Other then your typical colds she is a healthy kid and we rarely make a trip to the doctor.
I was wondering just how much she has grown since last year. I knew she had reached the magical 48 inches in the spring but since then she has slowed down significantly. When I took her to get shoes for her winter uniform this past weekend, her shoes size had only increased by a half size since April.
The nurse took her back to weigh her and measure her along with a quick eye test. She is 49 1/4 inches tall and weighs 62 lbs. Therefore she has grown 3 inches and gained 6 pounds since her last check up. She is still at 95% for height and weight on the growth charts. Her BMI has also continued it's downward trend for the last three years with a significant drop since last year.(They have never wanted her to lose weight- she is fit and active.) So while she is huge for her age, her doctor feels that she is just perfect and will grow to be a tall girl.
The best part of the night for Sweetpea was the flu mist. She hates and I means HATES shots. I have to hold her down while she cries and kicks and makes a general scene. It was so nice to have the option to have her snort some vaccine instead.

No comments: