The family..

My photo
SouthEast, PA, United States
This Blog is all about me and my life as a mom of a beautiful 9 year old and my dear husband who entertains me as much as my girl does.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Marriage Meme

Ok, I saw this a long time ago and I filled it out then but I never posted it. I am so super busy lately I haven't posted anything so I thought I would revive this one. I hope to have some writing time this weekend to catch up on things! Enjoy...the history of my marriage...
1. Where/How did you meet? We met in high school. He was a year above me. I dated his friends, he dated my friends, we always knew each other but never really spent a lot of time with each other. He graduated and I never really thought about him again until I ran into him where he worked. I was out to dinner with my family and he asked me if I got his letter he sent me. For some random reason I had included my address in his year book when I signed it. I hadn't received the letter yet because my family had a P.O. box and we only picked up our mail once or twice a week(I know how awful but the only thing the mail brings is bills right?). He, of course, felt stupid and was embarrassed and I was endlessly picked on by my family for the entire meal. The very next day I went to get the mail so I could see the letter. Basically it was a "hey how are you doing?" letter and I immediately sent a reply back. I was not nice and indicated that if he was looking for someone to date he should call my one friend who had a huge crush on him and who I knew he didn't like at all. I also put my phone number in there. He of course called me and we went on our first date where I fell in love with him the moment he kissed me. Then I went to college and being what it is we broke up since I decided to date someone else. We went our separate ways and we both grew up a lot which was a very good thing. I finally realized I was stupid to leave him since I truly loved him, I called him up and he was dating someone else. Then one day I came home and there he was, waiting on my front porch. We of course got back together, were engaged 9 months later, and the rest is history.

2. How long have you known each other? since I started high school in 89
3. How long after you met did you start dating? 3 years?

4. How long did you date before you were engaged? after we got back together....9 months

5. How long was your engagement? 2 years - had to wait for me to graduate from college

6. How long have you been married? 10.5 years

7. What is your anniversary? June 28th

8. How many people came to your wedding reception: 125?

9. What kind of cake did you serve? Ummm vanilla? I know it had whipped icing and it was so good people asked for seconds.

10. Where was your wedding? The church where I went to grade school. Prettiest church I have ever seen.

11. What did you serve for your meal? I don't remember. It was buffet style. I'm sure there was chicken of some sort. My mother-in-law made these pastry cookie things.

12. How many people were in your bridal party? 6 plus a flower girl and a ring bearer.

13. Are you still friends with them all? We only speak to one of our bridesmaids and with our best man regularly. The other 2 groomsmen we see rarely. The flower girl and ring bearer we see all of the time since they are our niece and nephew.

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? No, I did walking down the aisle though. He cried at the rehearsal instead.

15. Most special moment of your wedding day? It's hard to pick one, I think walking down the aisle with my Dad.

16. Any funny moments? Well we had a Catholic wedding and there I was with this huge flower arrangement in my hand, the priest came over to where we were kneeling to give us Communion and I couldn't figure out how to hold the bouquet and receive the Host. I just continued holding the flowers in my left hand and held out my right hand by itself. Then I had to get it from my hand to my mouth in some way(think licking it off my hand). It was quite funny and I got crap from the old Catholics about it later. I just didn't have time to think ahead or I would have received it directly in my mouth. (I remembered to do this though for my Sweetpea's baptism when I was holding her instead of flowers.)

Also when we got back to our room after the reception I had to get DH to rip me out of my dress. Since my dress was homemade and it had a lace back, my grandmother sewed me into it that morning since it looked better then a button and she was afraid an eye-hook wouldn't stay shut. He asked me if I was kidding when I told him to rip it open.

17. Any big disasters? Nope - other then being hot it was all good.

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Sandals St Lucia

19. How long were you gone? 1 glorious week

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? If I ever got married again, I would elope. All the planning and then it's just over, done, finished. It was such a let down when the excitement ended. I had been working on it for so long I just didn't know what to do with myself.

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? When laying on the bed I am on the right side.

22. What size is your bed? King - although the first 4 years we had a double bed, the King bed is the first thing we bought when we moved into our house.
23. Greatest strength as a couple?Laughter - he keeps me laughing and is my opposite so he balances me out.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Finances - someone in the family likes to buy stuff and/or go lots of places - all of the time.

25. Who literally pays the bills? I do

26. What is your song? There are so many that mean different things. Our upbeat song is "Paradise by the dashboard light" by Meatloaf. Our lovey dovey mushy song is "Can you feel the Love Tonight?" (Lion King version) since it is the song from when we got back together.

27. What did you dance your first dance to? Canon in G Major by Pachebel.

28. Describe your wedding dress: The dress and headpiece were handmade by my grandmother (she even used the leftover lace to make Sweetpea's baptismal dress). See pictures below...





29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? Star gazer Lilies

30. Are your wedding bands engraved? Nope

2 comments:

Scott said...

Well, since we just celebrated our 14th anniversary, this was a fun read!

Many happy years to you, too.

carrie said...

those are some beautiful wedding photos! thanks for linking up!