The family..

My photo
SouthEast, PA, United States
This Blog is all about me and my life as a mom of a beautiful 9 year old and my dear husband who entertains me as much as my girl does.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The voice of an angel

I wasn't sure what to call this post. It was a toss up between "The next American Idol winner" or "The voice of an angel". Considering the response elicited by this sweet voice, I had to go with angel.
Last night was Sweet Pea's Christmas recital at school. We had the traditional yelling of songs from K, 1st, and 2nd grades along with a few mumbled songs from 3rd and 4th. There was also a very nice violin solo from a 6th grade boy and several songs on the chimes and recorders. The most outstanding part of the evening was when a small un-assuming little 5th grade girl walked up on stage to sing her solo.
This small girl had the only solo of the night. Her song was "Mary did you know?" and when she started to sing the entire room broke out in tears. The depth and beauty of her voice was amazing and the feeling she brought to that song was incredible. If you could have seen her and then heard this voice you wouldn't believe it came from her. Every person in the room was weeping as she sang of the wonders Jesus would do in his life. I even saw teenagers, who I'm sure were forced to be there, crying as she sang. When she was finished she gave a quick tiny "Thank you" and ducked off the stage. We all immediately stood and clapped as loudly as possible and this sweet girl burst into tears in her Principal's arms. She was so nervous to sing and she did a wonderful job.
I can only imagine where the years will take her and I am feel blessed just to have heard her this one time. I hope God continues to bless her and that her voice continues to touch people the way she did last night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is T with Honey's Mom. I know the School, the Principal, the song, and of course YOU. I had to let you know that while I was reading this I started to cry. It must have been to a beautiful concert. It also sent me remember Christmas Vespers. You gave me a warm fuzzy feeling with a big smile. Merry Christmas to you, your husband and that not so (especially since the last time I saw her)little girl.
Love,
T's Mom