The family..

My photo
SouthEast, PA, United States
This Blog is all about me and my life as a mom of a beautiful 9 year old and my dear husband who entertains me as much as my girl does.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Multiple toothbrushes


Today's WFMW edition is all about making things such as basic hygiene convenient and easy in order to avoid battles with the offspring. Getting said offspring back up the stairs to brush her teeth after she has already walked down them was becoming a daily battle. Usually she would just suggest that I give her a piece of gum to make her breath smell good (I guess I should have never told her that one) instead of having to walk all of the way back up the stairs just to get clean teeth. Since I do not like arguing first thing in the morning I decided to move her toothbrush downstairs to our powder room. Then the next problem developed, you have to remember to brush before you head upstairs for bath and pajamas at night. This wasn't working either. So I went to BJ's and bought one of those multi packs of toothpaste and toothbrushes. I then equipped each bathroom with it's very own toothbrush. Now we have have 3 easy to access locations for teeth cleaning. This has led to some very clean teeth in our house. This worked so well I even bought the grandparents their own toothbrush for her to keep at their house so I don't have to pack any when she spends the night. We haven't had a battle over her teeth in months and so this works for me.

2 comments:

T with Honey said...

I had a toothbrush stashed at my grandparent's houses when I was little too!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Great tip!

Dental hygiene is not something to neglect. It's great that you are teaching your kids this important fact of life!