The family..

My photo
SouthEast, PA, United States
This Blog is all about me and my life as a mom of a beautiful 9 year old and my dear husband who entertains me as much as my girl does.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Just kidding ..

These words are the bane of my existence lately. Sweetpea has discovered the joy in kidding people. This means that she says things like "Ouch, I bit my tongue", I of course sympathize with her, and then she laughs and says, Haha, I was kidding. I have told her the story of the boy who cried wolf numerous times now but it isn't the same for her. First of all, she knows it's just a story, secondly she says she isn't asking for help or saying a wolf is coming so it just isn't the same. Meanwhile, I am continually tricked into believing she needs something, hurt something, did something, only to be told she's kidding. In frustration I have tried to explain that she is driving me crazy and that I don't like the lying involved in that kind of kidding. I understand it is just a phase she is going through but it has lasted at least 3 weeks now and mom is very tired of the game.

No comments: