The family..

My photo
SouthEast, PA, United States
This Blog is all about me and my life as a mom of a beautiful 9 year old and my dear husband who entertains me as much as my girl does.

Monday, September 10, 2007

How do you drive?

Conversation between myself and Sweetpea which occured when I was attempting to explain why I couldn't pick her up early from school aftercare.

Mom - "I have to go get a new picture taken for my driver's license since it expires on my birthday. If I don't get it renewed then I won't be allowed to drive anymore, then what we would do?"

Sweetpea - "Can I see your license"

Mom - "Sure" - as I dig around in the disaster area of my purse to find my wallet and then pull it out. All very tricky considering I was driving at the same time.

Sweetpea - "Aww, Mom, I like this picture you can't get a new one."

Mom - " I like it too but they don't let me pick which picture I get. If the policeman tells me I have to get a new one then I have to listen to the rules."

Sweetpea "Hey Mom, how are you driving now?"

Mom -" What do you mean?"

Sweetpea - "Well if I have your license, how can you drive now? Don't you need your license to drive?"

After that I explained that driving is like riding a bike, once you learn you don't forget how to do it. The license just tells the policeman that you know all of the rules and it identifies who you are.

I love these little odd conversations we have which I cherish saving just for her.

No comments: