The family..

My photo
SouthEast, PA, United States
This Blog is all about me and my life as a mom of a beautiful 9 year old and my dear husband who entertains me as much as my girl does.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Is it a conspiracy?

So just about everything you buy today is from a foreign country. I'm not one to particularly care where something originated from but with the numerous cases of lead from China, I do like to watch the labels.
As the new school year started, we began the search for a lunchbox. After examining every lunch box on the shelves, Sweetpea picked an adorable panda bear lunchbox. Attached was a large tag indicating it was "LEAD FREE". Oh good, at least I don't have to worry about that and we took it home with us.
That evening while I was removing all of the tags I turned the cute fuzzy lunch box around to find this...

Okay, is it just me or do you find these Fun Facts a bit upsetting? I'm all for sharing educational tidbits about pandas but did they have to make ALL the S's backwards? Isn't it hard enough for most children to learn the proper direction for letters to face? Why would you go and put something intentionally incorrect just to be "cute". I would assume the target audience for these are not adults who know better, but children who learn from what they see.

So is this an evil ploy to disrupt the American educational system? Probably not. I did write a letter of concern to the parent company though. I'm not sure I'll get a response though. They may not be able to read it with all of my letters facing the proper way!

No comments: