The family..

My photo
SouthEast, PA, United States
This Blog is all about me and my life as a mom of a beautiful 9 year old and my dear husband who entertains me as much as my girl does.

Monday, November 12, 2007

What's for lunch?

When Sweetpea was in daycare I never had to worry about what she would eat. They served breakfast, lunch, and snacks and there were no substitutions. Either the kids ate or they didnt, the motto being "you get what you get and you don't make a fit." This was wonderful. Now that we are in real school Sweetpea has figured out she has a choice which means we have conversations like this one..

Mom: Hey for lunch tomorrow they are having Beef BBQ sandwiches. If you don't want that you can get the alternate lunch of a Bologna and cheese sandwich.
Sweetpea: Can't you just pack me a bologna and cheese sandwich?
Mom: Well I could but then I would have to go to the grocery store since you are eating the last 2 pieces of bread right now.
Sweetpea : Ok go to the store.
Mom : I don't want to go to the store tonight. Listen - I would really appreciate if you could just buy the sandwich.
Sweetpea : Well I DON'T appreciate buying it, but I will. (said with a pout on her face).

So today she is buying her lunch. Yippee. Best of all I think there are 2 more times this week I might be able to convince her to buy too.

1 comment:

T with Honey said...

I think I'm just going to have to pretend that I don't know how to pack a lunch when Princess graduates from preschool.